The fresh fruit has a light-green smooth skin and a white flesh. Rounder varieties are called calabash gourds. They grow in a variety of shapes: they can be huge and rounded, small and bottle shaped, or slim and serpentine, more than a metre long. Because bottle gourds are also called "calabashes", they are sometimes confused with the hard.
- It contains many vitamins and minerals, such as, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, Vitamin A, C and folate.
- It is extremely popular for weight loss. Especially the bottle gourd or lauki juice.
- Bottle gourd is extremely popular for reducing high blood pressure and keeping your heart healthy.
- The fiber and the minerals in the bottle gourd or lauki supports healthy digestion and combats flatulence and combats constipation.
- Like cranberries, bottle gourd or lauki supports the urinary system of our body by reducing burning sensation from high acidic urination. It also reduces the chances of urinary infection because it is alkalizing and has a diuretic effect.